Greetings from Camp!

Hello friends!

What are you  up to this summer?   Currently, I'm in the midst of writing.  To keep myself motivated, I signed up for CampNanoWriMo  (Camp National Novel Writing Month.)

It's basically an online "camp" brought to you by the same organization that does National Novel Writing Month.  If you're a writer definitely check out both sites. 

For this online writing camp, a ton of writers signed up to write 50,000 words by the end of July.

50,000 freaking words.
I know.
I KNOW!

It's a HUGE undertaking, that's for sure.  And I'm 99.9% sure that I won't reach the goal. But I figure it's better to try and fail then not sign up and not write anything, right?

It's just like one of my favorite quotes:


50,000 = My moon
10,000 = Pretty Sparkly Stars


Plus, while I'd love to say that I'm wholeheartedly dedicated to the craft of writing and ... yada yada yada. *Insert lots of flowery prose about dedication and hard work*

But the truth is, I'm not. Well.  Wait.  Let me backtrack.  I am dedicated... sort of.... Ack! Let me explain.

Like you, I'm a busy lady.  I carve out time to write at night when my kids are in bed.  And honestly, after some very long and tough days... it's just much easier to sit and read a book, or go to bed, or eat a giant bowl of cereal than push out word after tedious word. 

This type of online camp is great for someone like me because I want to write (I really do!), but I don't always feel disciplined to follow through.  At "camp" I'm a part of a community of super talented, super hard-working, and super motivated writers.  Being with them inspires me to get my butt in gear too.  (Plus my type A personality just looooves how the website keeps track of my daily word count.  It's such a thrill seeing the numbers going up.)

So I definitely encourage all writers to sign up!  Let's all hop amongst the stars together!

Happy writing, friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Book Cover!

The Dating Pact comes out THIS June!

Best FREE Graphic Design Websites for Authors